Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Update - Day 1960 (Year 6, Day 134)

Zephyrhills, FL

Not much to report on yet, except for my health status.  For the past few weeks, I've been experiencing shortness of breath and coughing -- the signs of my annual bought of bronchitis.  Two weeks ago, I discovered very odd bruises on my body for absolutely no apparent reason, and I sent a message to my doctor whether it was something to be concerned about.  The response was that they made an appointment for me yesterday(a week later).

Turned out that all the bruises faded and no other ones appeared, so it's still a total mystery.  However, in the interim, I've been coughing and grasping for air, thinking it's the annual bronchitis that happens when the weather changes (had this for the last 20 years).

Doctor examined me and said definitely NOT bronchitis as none of the symptoms for that were present.  His diagnosis was an asthmatic allergy, which is also common with weather changes.  He prescribed steroids for 6 days and an inhaler.  It's only been 1 day and I feel about a 5% improvement with my breathing, although I feel a 30% improvement in the pain and mobility in my hip!  (Steriods weren't prescribed for that and it's not at all healthy to be on them long term, which is sad because it's the first time I've actually had any positive results in that regard).

Hopefully I'll be reporting again within the week, as a good friend of ours in the campground (Ellie), who is also a member of a band, is performing at a farmers market in Tampa on Sunday.  We really hope to be able to attend (not to mention our excitement to find a farmers market open on a day other than Saturday).  Also running low on our 72% Trader Joes dark chocolate, so need to make a run there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.