Friday, November 29, 2019

Thanksgiving - Day 1982 (Year 6, Day 156)

Zephyrhills, FL

First, an update on my health: the asthma seems to be in control now.  Still having a few bouts of difficulty breathing  here and there but it is mostly improved.  The chest x-ray and pulmonary function tests were within normal limits.  I have a follow up appt. with the pulmonologist on Tuesday, 12/2.

Lately, however, I've been having a severe flare-up with the arthritis in my knee, which has made it extremely difficult and painful to make any bending motions on it (which includes sitting and steps) or when I initially put weight on it (getting up), and I have needed to use a cane to get around.  It's a little bit better today.  No idea what sets it off, but the NSAIDs don't help.

In any event, I am extremely thankful that despite these medical woes, it is nothing life threatening; it could always be such much worse.

Now, in the spirit of the holiday, more things I am thankful for:  my health, my husband and best friend who takes such great care of me, my children.  Despite financial difficulties (Mitch out of work almost a year now), like my health, it could still be so much worse.  G-d indeed takes care of all our needs and I am thankful to have a roof over my head and food on the table.  I am grateful for new friends:  although we weren't able to make the trip up north to spend the holiday with the kids, we invited our new next door neighbors (Kelly & Michael) to join us for a Thanksgiving feast.  They brought their own turkey (and plates and utensils) and I made a Tofurkey.  That was the only non-vegetarian item; Kelly went out of her way to cook a lot of yummy side dishes (as did I).  Another neighbor was walking by to visit with Michael, so we invited him to join us as well (he recently returned from a tour in Afganistan).  It was a very lovely evening.  So much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.