Monday, November 11, 2019

Anniversary, and finally, a fun day! - Day 1965 (Year 6, Day 139)

Zephyrhills, FL

First, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my beloved husband - now 41 years.  This time last year we were in Jamaica renewing our vows.  I find it hard to believe that I didn't post any pictures last year; in fact, it doesn't look like I made more than a slight mention of the trip other than promising to post about it (guess I broke that promise).  It was a fantastic and very memorable trip.  Our daughter and her husband, as well as my sister and her husband joined us.  Here are a few photos:

  


As for the fun day yesterday, our friend & neighbor (Ellie, who has joined us for Shabbat a few times), is a singer/songwriter and member of a band (name of band is RED. As she points out, "it's not a political statement or the color of my hair (which is bright red), but very simply: Rick, Ellie, Dennis." 

The band was scheduled to perform in Tampa at a place called Sweetwater Organic Farm, which was also holding a farmer's market.  Normally, we wouldn't have made the 1 hr schlep just for the concert, but we love farmers markets, which are very hard to find on Sundays, so that was the deciding factor to go.  Unfortunately, they didn't have any vegetables there (either from their farm or other local farms).  There were only a handful of vendors: 4 food places-mostly juice bars & 1 tamale place, a clothing place, honey, and soaps.  Oh well. 

The music, however, was really fun.  I've never heard Ellie play before and I was very impressed by her talent.  Here is a very brief video clip and a photo of the band. Mostly they play folk songs, blues and bluegrass; lots of toe tapping, foot stomping and clapping songs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.