Zephyrhills, FL
Something tells me my blog posts here are going to be about as "exciting" as they were in Virginia Beach, which means not a whole lot to write about.Today is exactly one week since we arrived here. As I've stated previously, it definitely does NOT feel like we're in Florida, with all the live oaks instead of palm trees and waking up to temps in the 30s and low 40s.
We met a few more neighbors and this definitely is a small, close-knit community where everyone knows everyone else, they offer help when needed, and have frequent get-togethers. The owners, Chris and Howard (life partners) are super friendly and helpful as well.
We've managed to take 1 or 2 walks around the campground every day. Thanks, Mitch, for pushing me. Here is a better picture of the garden (more like a mini farm) next to us (that's us to the right). The "building with the blue roof is the chicken coop). There are about 15 different veggies being grown now.
We're still very disappointed in the grocery shopping choices here. There is no Aldi nearby and the prices, even at Walmart are about 10 to 25% higher here than anywhere else we've been. Very frustrating to say the least.
As for a "day in the life", I'm pleased that business has started to pick up quite a bit for me so I've been spending at least half my days on billable time. Mitch has also been spending at least half his days job hunting. Nothing solid yet, but he's getting a lot of good leads.
Will keep you posted.

Tell Mitch to try and not work in Tampa. The commute is killer even though you are not that far. Trust me on this.
ReplyDeleteAs if Wal-Mart doesn't make enough money off of consumers across the board! I wonder if you buy items online with Wal-Mart if you still end up paying the extra based on zip code or whatever. Looks like your neighbors keep everything pretty neat. I hope Mitch finds something soon. I know how frustrating your situation can be, but hang in there. I remember years ago when you were starting out, trying to get the house sold, etc. as a "Dreamer", and here you are still chugging along. And, here in KS, our nights have been in the teens, so there are worse places to be in the winter! :)
ReplyDeleteVery cool to have a community garden and chicken coop! What an awesome idea. Every campground could use that!
ReplyDelete