Ocala, FL
I've been saying how much I wish I was in a warmer place. Well, we're now in Florida where it's 70 degrees! Almost shorts & flip flop weather!It was a lovely 3 night stay at the campground in Brunswick. We went out for a walk around the place twice on Saturday. Small but pretty place (it was never our plan to stay, but you know... the delay and all...)
Anyway, we never unhitched so we only needed to pack up this morning. We left the campground at 9:45 am and stopped at every rest area we passed, each one approximately 30 to 40 miles apart. It was quite nostalgic pulling into the first rest area, which was the Florida Welcome Center right over the border -- the first place we stopped when we were on the way down to pick up our new home. This was us at the same welcome center in June 2014: http://mitcheryl-rv-journey.blogspot.com/2014/06/officially-floridians.html
We traveled about 210 miles, and have about another 70 to go. We are staying at a wonderful rest area now. What makes this more lovely than most is that they have a separate area for RVs so we don't have to park with all the trucks. The spaces are wider as well, for those of us who need to open our slide-outs. We hope to be able to stay the night, but there are signs posted "no overnight parking or camping" and "nighttime security." My fear is that they probably DO enforce the rules here and we may be asked to leave. The next rest area is in about 38 miles where we were planning to stop en route tomorrow, but if we need to leave, I guess we'll just go there for a few hours in the middle of the night, if needed. We shall see.
G-d willing, I will be posting again tomorrow from our next semi-permanent location, in Zephyrhills (30 miles NE of Tampa).
Hope you were able to get rested. Also, interesting is the "G-d". I did some research on that, and it makes sense to me now. I would have to admit that before that, I found it offensive. Great thing about the internet is that one can, if they take the time, educate themselves and understand rather than condemn things that are foreign to them. I have always liked reading about the traditions which are a part of your faith.
ReplyDelete