Lexington, NC
Wow, hard to believe it's been 2 weeks since I've written. Wish I had stuff to tell, but unfortunately, no. Same old, same old in the day in the life.The only way our routine changed was that today we decided we really needed to seek out a Trader Joe's so I could stock up on more kosher meat, faux meat, and dark chocolate - things that are just not available at the stores in Lexington (very expensive Food Lion, Aldis or Walmart). TJ was 40 miles away in Winston Salem, so we decided it was worth making the journey. It was nice (at least to me) to ride on a highway and see a city with a nice skyline.
There are several things to do in the area, but unfortunately, Mitch and I were on totally different pages (neither of us felt like doing what the other one wanted - I would have enjoyed the large science/nature museum or a historical area; Mitch wasn't really in the mood for anything but perhaps leaned towards a winery/cidery which was 20 miles out of the way) so we landed up not doing anything other than drive and shop 😞. Oh well, at least I got to see a skyline, we bought what we desperately needed, and I have the hopes that we can return when he's in a better mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.