Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Riding out the storm - Day 1064 (Year 3, Day 332)

Lexington, NC

Currently sitting in the McD's in Walmart, 13 miles away to seek shelter.  There are numerous tornado warnings, and watching the tv and radar online, they are expected to pass through our area in about 1/2 hr.  We left 1/2 hr ago, to get here in time to wait it out safely.  We've gone thru 3 other warnings in other places, and I really don't know why this time I just didn't feel safe seeking shelter in the bathhouse and wanted to go to a place more concrete and with more places to hide.  Mitch thinks I'm crazy but is a real sweetie humoring me.  I'd rather be wrong and eat crow than have my worst fears realized.  I'm sure everything will be fine and the storm will take a last minute turn.

UPDATE:  Yes, I was a wimp and worried about nothing.  The storm took a northern route and all we got was some heavy rain.  Better safe than sorry - I feel both.

1 comment:

  1. Stay safe.
    As per my last comment. May have some suggestions for you so you don't leave the road. We have been fulltiming for 5 years now

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.