Lexington, NC
As you may recall, our inner (screen) door was broken as the welded-on hinges came off. It has been quite a process trying to figure out how to fix them. Two weeks ago, we were finally able to track down the door company that makes the hinges and had them shipped to us (the first time they sent the wrong ones). Finally got the right ones yesterday, so today Mitch and Darryl spent the day putting the door back on (Mitch was off of work due to the rain, yet again. Although it was raining, the awning was able to keep them dry). So... things are back to normal - being able to keep the door open and see outside without letting the hot air in or cold air out or bugs in. Happy again! 😀Sad note, Darryl is leaving tomorrow. It's been wonderful getting to know him.
On another note, Mitch and I feel like we're at a crossroads. Some of our peers say it may be burn out, and perhaps they are correct. On one hand, we feel like throwing in the towel and transitioning back to a bricks and mortar lifestyle; on the other hand -- who knows what??? We're SO on the fence right now. Some days we wake up with the feeling that this isn't the lifestyle we dreamed of pursuing. We wanted to travel and we wanted to be in places where we could feel like we were making a difference in the community. This has rarely been the case. Due to Mitch's job, we don't have the flexibility to go where and when we choose and we're often in the same location for 6+ months. Plus there's always the fear of running out of money due to maintenance and repair costs. On one hand, the thought of giving up and renting an apartment somewhere is appealing. On the other hand, it isn't!!! I was ready this morning to put the RV and truck on the market for sale, but now I'm having 2nd thoughts. I'm just not sure any more. This certainly isn't the life we dreamed of when we started out on the journey, but do we really want to settle down again? We know for sure that we never want to deal with maintenance such as mowing or shoveling snow, which pretty much means renting a place. But do we want to deal with apartment neighbors? Maybe we just need some time out - to go on a vacation or something. Sigh.
Hi Cheryl. I was stunned when I read your post. Is there an email address that I could pm you at?
ReplyDeleteMaybe a little vacation would help? The thought of an apartment does appeal a bit. You can always stay 1 year (or maybe less?) in different states or areas? Hard choice, I wish you much luck.
ReplyDelete