Jamestown, ND
Quite literally, as I recall most of the US highways are under construction or in really bad shape. Either way, lots and lots of bouncing. The airbags only do so much.Hopefully this is the last time in a while (or ever) I post from Jamestown. The city itself is nice, as "anywhere USA" goes, but I never want to see this campground again!
Of course, our plans are already experiencing bubble popping. The truck was not ready on Friday - they promised Monday morning. We're hoping they finished it before closing time on Friday so we can get it first thing, but we won't know for sure until the morning. It needed to have the fuel pump and fuel injectors replaced - a cost of about $4500, which once again is depleting the savings. Really blessed and grateful we're both working, although it's kind of scary to think about what will be when we're on a fixed income. But hopefully that won't be for a while. And for those of you who argue that this was a big mistake -- it's still a lot less expensive than a mortgage plus utilities. Plus one would own a car anyway, which always has things breaking down, as well as appliances in a home. All things mechanical (including our bodies) break down sometimes and need maintenance or repair and we just need to be thankful that we're able to do that.
Anyway, although our pull out time will be delayed a bit (with any luck, if the truck is ready first thing, we can pull out by 10:30. Mitch will still need to stop at UPS to drop off his tank, fill up with gas, disconnect the water and electric --we'll unhook the sewer today, and probably won't reconnect until next Thursday, as that's the biggest hassle--fill up the airbags, and hitch up. All that should take no more than an hour. Sisseton, SD is about 180 miles, so we expect a 4 hour drive. I've committed to doing another client training session in the afternoon, so hopefully it won't be too late when we pull in.
Wish us luck! I'm not sure if I'll have the time to post every day along this journey, or if I'll land up doing a summary at the end when we reach Raleigh. I'll do the best I can. It all depends on the work load and how travel goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.