Bismarck, ND
Thursday night we had a lovely campfire with Kathy and Roger. We thought it would be the last get together, but we invited them for Shabbat dinner and they excitedly accepted, so we had a really wonderful time last night (although I confess I drank too much wine -- if there's a such thing as too much wine! :) )Friday, however, was such a stressful day that at one point I broke down into tears. Not only the usual Friday stress of preparing for Shabbat, but having guests, and the extra work and anxiety of getting road ready again for our travels out on Sunday. Plus the need to get all the laundry done and pack a suitcase for 2 days away (we pretty much will have enough time to park the trailer and head out to Fargo). Not to mention that I needed to pick up my glasses. And to top it off, adding the most to the stress level was work. Not being available Mon & Tues, my clients felt the need to give me everything they could think of that may need to be done for the next year (plus needing to clean out my ever-growing inbox). I'm thankful that Mitch was there to help me with the cooking and errands and was my rock.
The weather was lovely today so we sat outside for a while. We packed the suitcase this evening and will most likely procrastinate in packing up everything else until the morning, since there isn't all that much that needs to be done outside. I think we can be ready in about an hour.
L'Shana Tova (Happy New Year)!
Oh you poor thing! I hope you enjoyed yourself and got some rest too. What a guy Mitch is!
ReplyDelete