Sisseton, SD
Plans made in bubbles - the truck wasn't ready until 12:30 and by the time they tested it and we checked out, got back to the campground to hitch up, it was 1:30 when we finally pulled out. I suppose in the scheme of things, that should be the worst problem we encounter on this journey! They fixed a lot of things and found a whole bunch of loose or missing nuts & bolts from the last repair at the Ford dealer in Peoria. We hate Ford dealers!!! I feel confident that things will be ok for a while, until the next item breaks down (although they told us the signs to watch for). Almost $5,000 later....We arrived at Camp Dakotah at 4:30 pm and were all settled in by 5. This is a very, very lovely little place that I wish we had a little more time to spend. Not a lot to do in the area as it's in the middle of nowhere, but the campground itself is very charming. We had amazing weather today as well - in the high 60s and sunny. Even had a beautiful sunset. After a quick dinner, I took a walk around the campground and shot a few photos, which I share with you below. It would have been a nice evening to spend outdoors in front of a campfire, but Mitch was too tired and I agree it would have been a lot of work pulling everything (the fire pit and wood) out of the basement/garage.
Campground entrance. Note the background. This is what most of the area is like (desolate):
A lovely sunset:
The back of the office and playground:
A glimpse of some of the sites:
A lovely little sculpture garden:
Some of the items on the front porch of the office (I love the girl on the swing above the door!). Inside the office were lots of pictures of bison (what else?!)
Another cute sculpture:
There were even some horses! (and the barn)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.