Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fun show - Day 493 (Yr 2, Day 115)

Asheville, NC

Not sure if I mentioned that the computer chaos has mostly died down.  Mitch still has a bunch of wires, cables and components laying around, and my machine still hasn't been migrated, but at least it's up and running and I've recreated most of what I need, so at least I'm not panicking where work is concerned, and I can work at my "desk" again.

People continue to come and go for only a few days at a time here, and I have been getting much more comfortable with walking over to folks and starting up a conversation when they are outside.  I've shared a few "happy hours" with some, and am really meeting quite a lot of interesting people, most of whom are vacationers or part-timers.

So we went back to the Asheville Community Theater last night (first had dinner at Mellow Mushroom) to see "Olde Virden's SuperHappy Trivia Challenge."  Olde Virden is actually the sponsor who makes "Red Hot Sprinkles" (a spice mixture of chili peppers).

This was not so much a performance as it was an interactive (audience participation) game show.  This had a Halloween theme.  The theater seated about 50 people, and it's like everyone knew everyone else.  Guess they have a cult following!  Basically, there were 2 teams of 2 players who sat at their own tables in front, with the "MC" at a podium in the middle.  They took turns having to answer all kinds of questions to do with the holiday, superstitions, horror movies.  There were also other types of games thrown in, such as tell a story and the audience has to figure out if it's true or not, or fill in the blanks.  I'd say it was a cross between Family Feud, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Ask Me Another, and of course, just good old-fashioned improv.  All in all, it was hysterical and such great fun!  Even the program they had specially made had me rolling on the floor!  It's 6 pages, so not very easy to take a photo of to post here.

I said audience participation, right?  For those of you who know Mitch, you know how chatty (putting it nicely) he can be.  He actually got an award:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.