Sunday, October 18, 2015

Fun day out - Day 479 (Yr 2, Day 112)

Asheville, NC

We followed our plans and spent the day in downtown Asheville.  First, we visited the HardLox Festival in Pack Square Park.  Kind of like the Organicfest, but with a Jewish theme.  We needed a new mezuzzah for the bedroom and found a very nice, yet inexpensive one.  We had our urb-e's with us, although I did more walking with it than riding (particularly on the narrow and/or crowded streets).  We must have been stopped at least 10 different times by folks wanting to know what it was!  We stopped at Gourmet Chips for a quick snack before going to the Asheville Community Theater's production of Young Frankenstein.  That was an awesome show!  Then again, anything by Mel Brooks has got to be hilarious!

The show was over at 5, and Mitch still had a bit of work to do getting the computers fixed, so we headed straight home.

We have another show at the theater on Wednesday evening, which I'm greatly looking forward to.

Weather was sunny, but didn't get up past about 55 degrees and windy.  There have been frost warnings around, and we've been waking up to temps in the 40s.  Winter is definitely around the corner.  I hate the cold, but it looks like I'm going to have to get used to it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.