Thursday, October 22, 2015

Again counting blessings - Day 493 (Yr 2, Day 115)

Asheville, NC

A little rain must fall....  a few bad things happened to both of us today, but surely God has been watching over us.

Mitch -- started out his day, with 3 gas tanks totaling 105 gallons - ran out of gas!!!  He wasn't paying close attention.  As luck would have it, it pulled into a place where there was a truck carrying diesel fuel to fill school buses.  He was able to negotiate "buying" a gallon of gas -- enough to get to a gas station.

Later in the day, he parked on the side of the road, not realizing it was a drainage ditch and got stuck in the mud -- up to the top of the tire!  4 wheel drive, which as helped him out of a difficult spot in the past, only sunk him deeper in the mud.  He needed to wait for a tow truck to pull him out.

Cheryl - was out riding Urb-e, and took a path down an isolated dirt road.  Didn't see the hole in the ground.  Scooter struck the hole and I went head first over the scooter.  It was nothing short of a miracle that I didn't hurt anything (although my left shoulder is a bit sore).  It was a bit of a challenge getting up off the ground without something to lean on or pull me up, but after about 10 minutes, I finally did it (holding on to the Urb-e, which wasn't steady to begin with, and which I also had to lift up to a standing position).  Counting blessings that the fall didn't dislocate my hip again!

This evening, a new couple pulled in next to us with a tear-drop type trailer (Gary & Wendy from CA). They do a lot of traveling - hardly really stopping to enjoy the places they stay.  They had a great campfire going and I joined them for a bit.  They are a very interesting couple.  I am really enjoying getting to meet all these interesting people and am happy I'm coming out of my shell to intrMitch (understandably) was feeling very anti-social and didn't want to join us.  I was going to stay for smores, but I felt guilty leaving Mitch alone in such a mood so I came back inside to keep him company.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day.  But again, things could have been so much worse and we have so much to be thankful for.  In fact, as I'm writing this, Mitch just fell off his stool, but fortunately was not hurt.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! Glad you both are ok! We've all got some crazy days like this. Congrats to Mitch for his award!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.