Monday, July 13, 2015

Durham Bulls - Day 382 (Yr 2, Day 15)

Raleigh, NC

I know I haven't written for a few days because nothing eventful has really happened.  It's mostly been a regular "day in the life" of work, although my workload was fairly light so I spent the extra time taking a few more walks around the campground or just hanging out and relaxing (reading, playing games on tablet, trying to find ways to expand the business, watching tv).

Saturday night, however (as the title suggests), I did something a bit more fun.  Jessica's company has an annual summer event where they rent a picnic area behind third base at the Durham Bulls stadium.  Griffin wasn't able to make it, so I was invited as her date (she could only get 1 extra ticket, so Mitch stayed at her house and puppy sat).  The Bulls are a huge item here in Raleigh; a minor league baseball team.

The stadium itself is in the middle of a very nice corporate complex (American Tobacco campus).  A few pics outside the stadium:

A glimpse of part of the plaza

 There was a Mellow Mushroom on the plaza as well.  I love this WATER fountain outside:


Outside of the stadium


One of many stones in the pavement



Cool (bull) bike rack!


Chillin'

The location was awesome.  Rather than seats, there were a number of round picnic tables with umbrellas.  Although it was quite hot, at least we were protected from the sun.  Note that you could literally touch the field, and we were right on top of the opposing team's (the Braves) dugout.  At one point, I offered the guys some food, but they declined.









Lots of foul balls come in this direction.  Jessica even caught one (which she subsequently gave to one of her colleague's kids).


Jess and her colleague doing the "YMCA" dance between innings.  I have it on video put promised not to post it

For the most part, we all had a good time schmoozing (and some business networking for me), that very few people (myself included) actually watched the game, although I did catch the 6th inning which was very active.  Bulls won 9-2.

The evening ended with a fireworks display.  Nothing like 4th of July, but since I haven't been to a live display for many years, this kind of satisfied the urge a little.


On Sunday, we found a very nice, totally vegetarian Indian restaurant with a buffet (which, of course, is wasted on me).  But it was delicious anyway.  Afterwards, we did a little shopping.  I'm giving up my search for drop lighting and bought a runner instead.  Slowly but surely we're adding a lot of nice personal touches to our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.