Sunday, June 28, 2015

Nice weekend - Day 368 (Yr 2, Day 3)

Raleigh, NC

We had a very lovely Shabbat, as there was a special guest visiting the shul this weekend - Rabbi Moshe Herson.  He is not only the head of the Rabbinical College in Morristown, NJ and the grandfather of Rabbi Cotlar's wife, but he is the father of Rabbi Mendy Herson, whose synagogue we were members of for a time when we lived in NJ.  It was an honor to meet such a charismatic scholar.  There was a community dinner on Friday night, where he spoke, and again during kiddush lunch on Saturday.  It was such an intriguing discussion that we didn't leave until 3:00!

The past few days we here, like in many parts of the country, have been experiencing high heat and lots of severe storms.  Today (Sunday) was the first day that not only brought clear blue skies all day, but somewhat lower temps (in the high 80s) and low humidity, so it felt like an absolutely gorgeous day!  We took a trip out to the State Farmer's Market, where we found the tomatoes and cantalope to be their peak season.  I wish I knew how to can and had the proper equipment (then again, I wouldn't have the space to store it).

The campground has been very empty this past week, but yesterday and today people are starting to come in.  It's still fairly empty, but I suspect it will be pretty crowded by the weekend (4th of July) and for the next few weeks as there's another big horse show after that.

News is the truck should be ready on July 3rd.  We shall see about that as the week progresses.  Mitch has another test scheduled for July 16th, so we'll be in Raleigh at least until the end of the month.  Honestly, I'm starting to get wanderlust and and ready to travel.  I'd love to get out to New Mexico, but that's not on the horizon at the moment.  Everything now depends on where Mitch's assignments will be and for now, it's here.  Who knows, maybe I'll be lucky and the urb-e's will be finished and shipped soon.  It would be a nice way for me to get out of the campground and go out and do things.  But for now, just one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.