Overview: New client - met Debbie - Donna & sushi - decision on SC
Sorry I haven't written this past week (or 10 days, wow!). It's all kind of been a blur, especially last week.My main client who's been a bit quiet lately, suddenly had an overwhelming amount of RUSH work for me to do early last week. Then I landed a new client. Actual work didn't begin until Friday, but the early part of the week was spent landing him, working out the terms of the contract and getting him to sign. Took a bit of negotiating to get there, but glad for the outcome (I have an interview with another potential lead tomorrow!). Of course, Mitch hasn't had any work for about 2 full weeks now and he's still waiting for a huge chunk of money from jobs he did in FL back in Aug. and Sept.
The real highlight of last week was meeting my RV-Dreams friend, Debbie (of "Debbie & Steve" but Steve was out of town). Here we all are at the Raleigh State Farmers Market where we met for lunch and then did a little browsing and picked up a few nice veggies.
![]() |
Me, Debbie and Mitch |
![]() |
There was also another separate plate. The 6 of us finished this with ease. |
Today was a really horrible miserable weather day. Last Wednesday (the day we met Debbie) was probably the last warm, gorgeous day we'll have here for a while. It's been freezing in the morning and no more than the low 40s since then. Except today - it was close to 70, but either a drenching rain or just non-stop gloomy drizzle, and very windy. For some reason, Mitch and I just kept getting under each other's skins. It's the first time since living here that we just couldn't get far enough away from each other (and not being able to go out and take a walk didn't help matters either). It's supposed to be back in the 30s tomorrow, but probably sunny at least.
This week, also, I signed up for a week's worth of business related webinars. There were 2 I wanted to attend today, and in line with the rest of the day's negativity, the internet kept dropping on ALL of our backup systems as well. Must be something in the air. Even now it is still giving me problems.
We still want to go into the downtown area, but haven't figured out how to get there or where to park if we drive.
We did finally make a decision about our next 2 stops. We will stay in Myrtle Beach until Dec. 29th and then NYE and probably another week or 2 in Savannah, before heading to St. Augustine for 1-2 weeks. Now all I have to do is make the reservations! (the reason for the long stay is 1) they have a very active Jewish community including a kosher restaurant and 24 hr kosher grocery store; and 2) the campground we found has a buy 2 get 2 free promotion which is still a lot less than their monthly rate. I just hope it's a fairly decent place, as it's a KOA). Mitch's knee is also bothering him again as it's time for his shots. Since we'll be in one place for 4 weeks, I need to find an orthopedist in MB who will do it and is willing to get pre-approval from the insurance co. without seeing him first (or alternatively get an appt the next day after we arrive).


It was great getting to meet both of you! This weather sure is something, right? Today I don't think it will get out of the 30s and with the wind chill, maybe it's in the 20s? Can't wait to get to Florida!
ReplyDelete