Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 149 of the Journey - Garner, NC

Overview:  Still cold & windy -- video of mobile -- Shabbat cabbage soup


Still been pretty cold down here, but as Jessica points out - "it's winter"!  Not quite, but almost. Temps in the low 40s and high 20s at night.  All the leaves from the pecan tree have fallen.  In fact, the manager was outside yesterday blowing the leaves (before mulching them) and the pile was knee deep.  I felt like doing what I used to do as a child and jumping into the pile - but I don't think jumping and falling would be good for my hip!

It's pretty windy, too.  Here is a video of our mobile actively spinning in the wind:


After putting in almost a full day of work, I'm preparing for Shabbat (Mitch is doing a large wiring job today).  I made a first time recipe of cabbage soup.  I'm not sure if the house smells good or bad, but it certainly smells like cabbages (I think it's good).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.