Sunday, November 30, 2014

Last day in Garner, packing up - Yr 1, Day 158

Garner, NC

Well, after 2-1/2 months, this is the last entry from North Carolina for a while.  Tomorrow we start our journey southward, heading to Myrtle Beach until Dec. 29th (unless Mitch needs a knee replacement which we'll learn about on Tuesday).  Before leaving, Mother Nature treated us to a beautiful sunset.  Unfortunately, our camera doesn't have the capacity to capture it the way it was seen by our eyes:



Yesterday, after shul, we spent the day with the kids and Doris, just hanging out.  We went to dinner at Ruckus - a really great local eatery with live entertainment (lots of vegetarian choices on the menu).  It was kind of bittersweet saying goodbye; it's been really nice being local to them and seeing them once a week.  Next time we visit, we'll have our new grandpuppy!

Today was spent starting the packing up process.  Since there are a number of things that are very time consuming (such as checking and filling all the tires on both vehicles: total 10, checking the water level in the battery, cleaning the leaves and stuff off the the roof and slide toppers, bringing in the antennas), we try to get as much as the big ticket items done the day before so we only have last minute packing to do in the morning.  That alone takes about 2 hours, including the time it takes to hitch, which is at least an hour for us to get the truck perfectly aligned - both vertically and horizontally!

Tomorrow I will take on some of the driving as well.  I'm much more comfortable driving the Bull.  Mind you, I'm not saying I am comfortable driving it - just that I'm more comfortable (1% is more than 0%!.  Ha ha).  I think I will take the first leg which is mostly highway, and leave the rest of the drive - on a 2 lane state road, to Mitch.  The halfway point is about South of the Border (really corny touristy place).  I expect this time of year to be fairly empty, so hopefully there'll be plenty of space for us to pull over, bring out the slides, make some sandwiches and maybe even for Mitch to take a little nap.

See y'all tomorrow from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina!

2 comments:

  1. You should be in for warmer weather! Enjoy your beach time. I hope all goes well for Mitch's knee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great having you guys! I'll make sure you get so many puppy videos and pictures that you'll be sick of her before you meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.