Zephyrhills, FL
Jess and Griffin came down to visit this weekend. The last time we saw them was for our vow renewal in November 2018. They arrived around 10:00 pm on Saturday night. We met them at our local brewery (first time we've ever been there; really lovely place. When we have some discretionary income, we'll need to go there more often, especially on trivia night). We had a few drinks before they closed at 11, and then came back to the RV for a little while to finish chatting.On Sunday, we got together at 10:30 am and went to a local diner for a nice breakfast (fyi, I'm proud to say that I stuck very well to my keto diet the entire time!). Afterwards, we drove into Tampa to visit the Florida Aquarium. It was a very nice place, although I think the Baltimore and Ripley's in Seivierville, TN were a lot nicer. I took a bunch of pictures of various fish, but I don't think I'm going to post them here; just keep them for my own sake in the files.
We were finished with the aquarium around 4:00 pm. The plan had been to travel about 20 miles to Clearwater Beach to experience the "sugar sand" but 1) my hip was in a bit of pain, despite renting a mobility scooter to get around; 2) we were all pretty tired; and 3) it was cloudy so we didn't think we'd get to see a nice sunset anyway. We had made dinner reservations at a place in Tampa on the water, but the reservation wasn't until almost 8pm (the only time they had) and none of us were really up to trying to find something else to do in the area for the next 4 hours (especially since most places close at 5 except the bars). So the next plan was to go back home and nap, and then drive back to Tampa for dinner. But by the time we got back, it was pouring and we decided it really wasn't worth the hour schlep back to Tampa. We wanted a nice dinner, so decided to go to a Bonefish Grill in Wesley Chapel (where the shul is, 1/2 hr away). That was a great decision. Afterwards, we came back to the RV and watched some comedy shows on YouTube. We all parted ways around 11:00.
Today, the final day, the kids came over around 11 am and I made us a nice breakfast of challah french toast (scrambled eggs for me). We then played a game of Scrabble and then watched some more comedy before leaving for a late lunch/early dinner at 3:30 (back to Wesley Chapel, but to the Red Robin). We took 2 cars as they wanted to head to the airport by 5 and WC is 1/2 hour closer and en route.
It was really great to see them and spend time with them. I really hope a lot less time passes before our next visit! And I hope they had a good time too.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete