Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Birthday - Day 1719 (Year 5, Day 250)

Zephryhills, FL


Wow, I can't believe it's been 22 days since my last post!  Really, really nothing happening that's worth posting. 

Mitch still continues to look for employment (he has a few leads and has planted a lot of seeds;  now just need to hope some of them take root.  I think one of the greatest challenges he faces is that the number of years of experience he has is often greater than the number of years many of the recruiters have been alive!  No one wants to hire an "old" man.  Many places want someone fresh out of college).

My work continues to be feast or famine.  This past week has been extremely slow, which is a good thing because I'm starting another new business (in addition to A-Z Admin Solutions).  I actually mentioned this in my last post (Feb. 17th) and now I am working full speed ahead on getting the website designed.  Below are some photos of the items I've purchased (if you think you might be interested in learning more once this is up & running, please leave me a comment with your email address (I won't publish it) so I can add you to the mailing list.

     

As for my birthday, which was this past Monday, absolutely nothing special.  I did receive numerous birthday wishes, and the way I celebrated was by going off my diet and ordering Chinese takeout so I didn't need to cook (still on an extremely tight budget, so going out for a nice meal or recreation couldn't be justified). 

I keep this blog mostly for my own memories, but also to keep friends & family apprised of my whereabouts and wanderings.  I looked back to see how I've spent previously birthdays on the road:

2015: Arcadia, FL (at the fairgrounds, waiting for our king pin to be replaced) -- I had 2 sets of friends who were staying about 20 miles away, who came by and took us out for a nice dinner.

2016:  Asheville, NC - 3 couples who worked with Mitch made me a party in the social hall of their campground.

2017: Livingston, TX - the area was very isolated with nowhere to eat.  It was also the year I started my low carb diet.  Mitch pampered me by making all the meals of the day and doing the cleanup afterwards.

2018: Williamsburg, VA - this was a milestone year (#60).  We were having lots of truck troubles at the time and didn't have friends or family in the area to celebrate with.  Landed up staying home watching a movie and going off the diet (for takeout pasta).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.