Zephyrhills, FL
This is a delayed post, as I had a wonderful Sunday, one week ago (Feb. 10th). Work has kept me very busy this past week, and I spent most of today preparing my taxes (once again owing thousands of $), but I am forcing myself to write about it before I totally forget!The day started out with me and Mitch meeting one of my clients (Ned) who lives in Lithia, about 30 miles south of us. He's been with me since 2015 and it was wonderful putting the face to the voice (Mitch also did a little IT work for him as well). We actually met at a Cheesecake Factory in Brandon, about another 10 miles south, as the place he originally suggested in Lithia probably wouldn't have had space to park our monster truck. Food and conversation was excellent.
One note: I finally felt like I was in Florida, as there were actual palm trees in the parking lot!!! Up here, 30 miles away, there are only live oaks with Spanish moss. It was also a t-shirt and flip flop day (mid-February!!). I can't keep track of what month I'm in.

Afterwards, and the best part of the day, there was a picnic outing at the Lithia Springs State Park for members of the RV-Dreams forum (everyone brought something yummy to eat). Many of us have met previously at various RV-Dreams rallies, and others have met in the forums and the chat room. It was really wonderful meeting up with old friends and making new ones (whom I knew from online but never met in person).


![]() |
| Cheryl & Cheryl |
On the job front, Mitch still plugging away at finding work. He has a few leads to follow up on, but nothing solid yet. At least he is sticking to a good weekday routine: davening (prayers), job hunting, and puttering (fixing or organizing something), as well as both of us going out at least twice a day for a walk around the campground.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.