Zephyrhills, FL
Not much exciting happening except to announce how much wildlife, especially in the form of birds there are here. About 2 weeks ago I saw a small, stork/heron-like bird in the garden next door, which I later identified as a limpkin (sadly, I wasn't able to get a picture).Today, a family of 9 ibises slowly marched across the road from me and I was able to get a photo:
In the morning, in addition to the very loud rooster (the imitation sound of "cockadoodle-doo" is extremely accurate!!!), I hear about 5 or 6 different bird calls. I know one is a chicadee, but I'm still trying to figure out the rest. And perhaps next time I'm sitting outside, I'll take the binoculars. I know we also have crows, hawks and owls.

I wondered whether your neighbors had a rooster/roosters or not, so now I know. They can be heard for a long distance too! Birds, I think, vary more area to area than other creatures it seems. While interesting, there are times when the bird sounds just........ Boy, they can get up really early!
ReplyDeleteOh, those birds! I love it!
ReplyDelete