Augusta, GA
I confess that we were among the myriad folks in the country who spent the weekend shopping -- looking for great Labor Day sales. In actuality, there are a few items I will need for our vacation in November (such as a bathing suit and cover-up and sandals) and we were hoping we'd find the best deals this weekend on clearance.On Sunday, we went to Walmart and Target. Nothing at Walmart except sandales, but I did find a nice bathing suit - not on sale - at Target, although there really weren't that many options to choose from. Someone suggested I could probably find some good buys at Dillards, so we went there today (Monday), where I did luck out: they had a huge selection with everything on sale. Sadly, I couldn't find a cover-up, but I can make do with the 1 cover up I have and use a long t-shirt as a backup.
Mitch also needed to pick up a few odds & ends (like some wood to fix the dining room chair and an extension cord) so we ran into Home Depot on the way home. He is also spending the day doing outside stuff in preparation for our move next week to the synagogue where we will spend Rosh Hashanah (and then again the following week for Yom Kippur), such as inflating the trailer tires and lubricating the hitch.
I expect it to be a somewhat stressful week in that I need to do all my shopping and cooking in advance of the holiday (no clue where I will store the food!). We'll have very limited electricity when we go to the shul on Sunday (we're hoping to run an extension cord, but even if we're successful at that, it's only 15 amp which doesn't allow for much more than a few lights and maybe a fan. Two times of the year I dread having to prepare for - the High Holidays and Passover, although they are the most spiritual times so well worth the stress.
UPDATE: I was looking back at previous years and found that in 2014 and 2015, we also spent the day shopping at Target!!! LOL.
Enjoy your holidays and try not to stress too much!
ReplyDelete