Monday, May 14, 2018

Today's events - Day 1430 (Year 4, Day 336)

Augusta, GA

I saw 3 different kinds of birds today: 1 completely red, 1 completely rust with black stripes on its wings, and another that was brown and white.  I never saw those before but I had a lot of difficulty trying to identify them as they went away before I had a chance to really study them.  I think the red one was most likely a northern cardinal (in the south??) and no clue about the others.  Can't even find their photos in my Peterson's Guide.  Oh well, perhaps they'll return.

I got a wonderful Mother's Day gift from my daughter.  She cross-stitched it herself:



Of course, I'm not sure if I should put the emphasis on the first part of the sentence or the last!!! 😀

On a more sour note, Mitch came home with his arm covered in teeny, tiny white thorns.  He didn't feel them attack him (even though they went thru his shirt), but it started bothering him later in the day.  No clue where they came from.  I got about 50 out with tweezers, but there are still a few microscopic ones left in his skin.  He has a follow up appt. with a doctor on Wed. so if it's not better or gets worse, we'll see what can be done.  Hopefully they'll fall out on their own.

Still very hot, and rain expected tomorrow and probably Wed. as well so I expect Mitch to be rained out and home.  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.