Augusta, GA
You may recall that as of my last posting on May 14th, the last rain prior to that date was on April 23rd. Well, on May 15th the rain started and we haven't had one day since then when it hasn't rained! And the forecast is expected to hold at least through the next week. Fortunately, it's not an all day steady rain but rather lots of scattered showers and thunderstorms, with a little bit of sunshine (or at least clearing) mixed in.One good thing is that I was treated to a beautiful rainbow yesterday (I didn't feel like going out in the rain to take a photo though).
One bad thing about this is that the fire ant mounds pop up in the hundreds after the rain, so as many as I've been able to destroy, twice as many new ones form (I guess that confirms what the campground owner said when I questioned why he didn't do something about it: he said it was too expensive and way too inefficient as it doesn't help anyway. It's bad enough trying to keep my own site clear, but I guess I can imagine what it would be like to try to maintain the entire campground of over 60 sites.
Picture of the day from Mitch. I'm sure some of you will just shrug and wonder what the big deal is. But being that we are from the North and keep kosher, this was a big "ewww":
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.