Augusta, GA
Wow, 10 days since I've posted. You know that means only one thing: nothing!!! Life has been extremely uneventful, which could be a good thing -- no crises, nothing breaking down. Then again, nothing really exciting to do or report on either.The last 2 weeks at synagogue services were special events, but this past week was back to "normal," which meant we were able to see what the place is really like on a typical Shabbat. It was very nice and inspiring, and we met several very lovely couples with whom we hope to form a special bond with.
We haven't ventured off after our last visit to the Savannah River. Today is Mother's Day (thank you, dear children, for remembering me!) but we spent the day doing our regular Sunday stuff -- shopping, Mitch puttering around fixing things, laundry, cooking, cleaning. The highlight of today was that while we were going to one store, we saw a sign for an Asian market. We've been wanting to buy sushi nori (roasted seaweed) and miso paste for quite a while but haven't been in an area that sells it (kind of like finding kosher meat). So it was awesome to stumble upon this place. I enjoyed using the nori as my "bread" for lunch (and it's a great snack food as well, with zero calories and 1 carb) and I'm looking forward to this Shabbat's soup: tofu miso.
Our "garden" is also growing very nicely. We needed to stop at a garden center (Home Depot) for another pot to replant the zucchini (in retrospect, that wasn't a very good choice for planting as it is going to take up way too much space!). I see buds forming on the pepper plant and there are already cherry tomatoes formed (still green but may be ready this week)! I'm so excited! Don't know why it took us 4 years to do this (of course, when we're ready to move again, it's anyone's guess where we're going to put these pots. Hopefully they will fit in the shower. But that's a worry for another time).
The temperatures for the last few days (mid-May) have been in the mid 90's so we're very grateful that the a/c is working! I suspect this will be a very brutal summer (wasn't it just a few weeks ago that I was complaining about the freezing cold?)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.