Monday, October 9, 2017

Been sick - Day 1203 (Year 4, Day 108)

Clarksville, IN / Louisville, KY

Yeah, that time of year again, when needing heat in the a.m. and air conditioning in the p.m. wreaks havoc on one's immune system.  Started out with a very sore throat, which turned into non-stop nose blowing and then into the yearly bronchitis.  I've been taking all kinds of remedies, and thankfully (so far at least), the phlegm I've been coughing up is still clear rather than thick yellow, indicating an upper respiratory infection.  This started about a week ago.  I woke up feeling a bit better, but it's been on and off all day, which means I'm on the mend, but not quite there yet.  Unfortunately, I had to miss services this weekend and also had to cancel our friends joining us for Shabbat lunch.  They will be out of town for the next 2 weeks, and the assignment here might end in about 2 weeks, so we may not have another chance.  Thankfully we've gone to their home a few times (Rosh Hashanah lunch and break-fast after Yom Kippur).  There's a special event at the shul tonight (Sushi in the Sukkah) and tomorrow night (Shwarma in the Shack).  For tonight, it's accompanied by all the best bourbon.  I've been looking forward to going but at this moment I'm not sure I'm up to it.  If I go, I'll be sure to post about it tomorrow (if I'm not too hung over!)  There are also end of holiday services Wed and Thurs; again not sure if I'm going.

Next assignment is returning to Houston.  Unfortunately, we're told that's the only place they have any opportunities during the winter so not much choice if we want to get a paycheck.  Unfortunately, things have not been going to well with either of my 2 main clients: one had prostate surgery followed by a heart attack and the other one has lost a bunch of vendors thus slowing down his business signifcantly.  So my workload has been extremely light lately (of course, Murphy's Law, when it's time to hit the road, that's when things will get crazy busy again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.