Mitch Says: RD 3.39 (August 4th 2016)
Yes, I REALLY, really do like MY date format. Click On this line to see the explanation!
(and by the way), I really would appreciate comments from you (sparse, but faithful) readers, as to which date format you find MORE INTERESTING. (post a comment below!!!)
OK. Three interesting Factoids from today:
One: The post I did before on my cell phone at lunch got lost, so I am re-creating this post (on my pc this time).
Two: This morning (remember it's the 4th of AUGUST--Summertime in the Northern Hemisphere), it was so COLD here in Bismarck, that I needed to put on a jacket. About 50- 55 degrees, I'd guess. Last night we had a tornado warning, and it was a pretty dry, but very much (distant) lightning around Midnight here.
Three:
(Background): Cheryl recently had her first birding experience. She kept on hearing the call of a bird, and with the help of a website, found the bird's sound, and then found the bird, and actually located it here by the campground. It's called a Mourning Dove, and here's a picture
of one.
Well. As I was walking in a residential neighborhood in Bismarck this morning, guess what I found??
A brood of doves. (to me), Obviously a mama and a bunch of babies walking around a house.
Now what is really intriguing about this was not that they were waddling around like a bunch of ducks, but that they waddled around the house from the front of the house , UP the front steps, to the back of the porch , DOWN the steps, and then into the backyard.
Of course, Since I was searching for the gas meter, I also followed them, with my cell phone opened and camera aimed!

I was so mean (or so I felt), chasing them around the house.
They actually made a full loop of the entire house, and went in one side, and out the other side of the gate.
It was interesting watching them waddle like ducks, all around the house. And when they got to the front, they went into the neighbor's yard too!
What an interesting Morning! Afternoon was routine, but that made my day!
Mitch


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.