Asheville, NC
I can't believe it has been a week since we left for Raleigh, NC to spend Thanksgiving with our dear daughter, her husband, my super sister-in-law Doris, and a few friends (Shana & Jared--newly married and Shannon, with Jason dropping by), and, of course, our favorite grandpup Ellie. Reason for not posting: up to my eyeballs in alligators with work. Not that it's a bad thing, but being that November was very slow, it's like everyone was making up for it by bombarding me with a lot of stuff to do this week. I am finally finding a few minutes to post.So... the drive to Raleigh wasn't bad. We left Asheville on Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) at 8:00am and arrived around 1:00pm, having stopped for an hour for breakfast at a Cracker Barrel. We didn't take the CoW as there was no time to do all the prep work for towing, so we stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Cary.
Dinner, of course, was amazing. I just can't believe I didn't take any pictures of the food or people. :( This year I wanted to partake of the delicious side dishes made with dairy, so I had the Tofurkey. Plus, since Jess was expecting a large crowd (which turned out not to be the case), a kosher bird wouldn't have worked as she needed at least 25 lbs and I can never find one larger than about 13.
Friday we hung around the house until later in the afternoon, then Jess, me and Doris went to Lowes Foods (to show off the store), and World Market. We all love that store!
Saturday, Mitch and I went to our favorite home away from home - Chabad of Cary. It was great to see all our friends there. Then we hung around the house, and had a nice sushi dinner. We met for breakfast on Sunday morning (8:15) and then hit the road.
As I said, the rest of the week has been spent on the computer from dawn until dusk all week, and Mitch working on his gas line stuff.
Channukah starts on Sunday. Hopefully I will post about the event we'll be attending then.
POST SCRIPT: When we left Asheville, we wore 4 layers of clothes as it was 30 degrees. By the time we arrived in Raleigh, it was 70!!! We had absolutely amazing weather all weekend. Of course, when we returned to Asheville, we had nothing but rain. In fact, by Wednesday, we were under a flood warning again, watching the river come within inches of the bank and being prepared to evacuate to the other side of the campground. Fortunately, the rain stopped in time and we were safe. Last night, the furnace kicked on as the temps dropped below 30, although the next few days will be sunny and in the low to mid 50s. I really want to move someplace warmer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.