Sunday, December 20, 2015

Mitch's b'day, driving - Day 552 (Yr 2, Day 171)

Durham, NC

Yes, you read that right - not Asheville!  But no, we're not staying here.  Mitch's company needed some extra hands in the Raleigh/Durham area to finish up the work by the end of year, so they are bringing almost all of their NC workers here to help out. But I think I already mentioned that, as well as the plans for driving 5 hours back and forth, twice.

The highlight of the week was Mitch's birthday, which was on Saturday.  After Shabbat, we went to Bonefish Grill for dinner, and then saw Star Wars: The Force Reawakens.  Other than my accidentally breaking my wine glass (for which the manager not only comped a new glass, but comped our appetizers of $17 sushi), it was a very enjoyable evening.

When we arrived in Raleigh, we hung out at Jessica & Griffin's home for a few hours, and then went out to dinner with them (again, a sushi restaurant!)

The hotel we're staying at is very nice.  It's a La Quinta.  Ok, not a Hyatt or the Ritz, but compared to the places we stay at within our own budget (Super 8, Red Roof Inn), it's luxurious!  Even has an indoor pool and nice fitness center, which I hope to have a chance to use.  Unfortunately, I have a very overloaded work schedule Monday and Tuesday, but I'm hoping perhaps I can at least work poolside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.