Zephyrhills, FL
Saw my PCP yesterday. He said the nodules were nothing to be concerned about. He did seem convinced that I have a pinched nerve being caused by the arthritis in my spine. He showed me some images of how the nerves are attached in the body and I could clearly now see how it IS very possible that the pain in my shoulder blade and down my arm is being caused by a pinched nerve in my spine.The treatment plan at this point is for physical therapy (I start next Thursday) and then an EMG test (earliest appt is April 20th) to determine exactly which nerve is being pinched. From there, I would have an MRI which will tell if it's in the muscle or bone (if bone, then I'd need surgery). Meanwhile, I will have completed 4 weeks of PT by the time the test is scheduled, so things may even be better by then.
He also suggested I increase the dosage of the nerve medication, which I did and it seemed to give me a bit more relief. So as of today, I still have pain but not to the level where I'm crying, so definitely an improvement.
As for Mitch, he got his company car (a mini-van: it's actually a rental until his real car comes in). So many great perks with this company! And it's work he enjoys doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.