Zephyrhills, FL
Since my last post, my left knee has become just painful and my right knee has become excruciating (it should be noted that on Saturday, during Shabbat services, I was literally crying from the pain -- this coming week, when we have 3 days of services in row due to the holiday of Shavout: the giving of the Ten Commandments, I will not be standing at the assigned times. The worst pain I experience is mostly upon getting up and getting down.Anyway, I saw the orthopedist yesterday and he took xrays of the right knee. He agreed that the left knee was bone on bone but the right one had arthritis behind the knee cap and possibly a degenerative tear (but they won't do an MRI yet). He gave me a cortisone shot in each knee and recommended physical therapy, and agreed, if available locally, aquatic therapy (it is -- just need to get pre-authorization from insurance co). It's been a nightmare trying to pin all this down, but I will pursue. And hopefully, if we need to move before all the PT is completed, I'll be able to transfer it to another location. Meanwhile, the pain medication prescribed is Tylenol, which doesn't even help me for a headache. So I plan to be in insufferable pain for a while. But it is what it is. Thankfully it's not worse. It's only joints.
I am hoping they'll find something to end the pain. Maybe knee replacement? I know someone that is doing well after having both knees replaced. She waited quite some time before they actually went ahead with it and is relieved now that it is over.
ReplyDelete