Zephyrhills, FL
Wow, I like even numbers -- today is 1800 days since we officially hit the road (and in a few weeks, it will be 5 years!!!)So... update on the health side. Nose no longer running and cough is only slight, so much better on the top of my body. But... I have been in such absolute excruciating pain with both of my knees since last week. They were sort of achy when I returned from San Antonio; I thought perhaps because I didn't walk as much as I was used to. But when I returned, I did start walking again and the pain became significantly worse. It was so bad on Thursday that I decided to go to the urgent care center to get an xray (it was my left knee that was excruciating; the right one was only painful). They found almost no cartilage and lots of bone spurs. Yesterday and today it is my right knee that has me in tears because of the pain. I was given Prednisone and found an hour here or there of relief, but nothing to write home about yet. I am lucky to have an appt with my regular doctor tomorrow (Monday) and I will ask to have the other knee xrayed and also an MRI, in case there's anything else going on in there. What I'm having trouble understanding is that if it's arthritis, I don't think the pain would come about almost overnight; it's generally gradual and I would have felt something at some point. I have never had problems with my knees until 2 weeks ago, so how could the condition be that bad? Only thing is, I didn't have any injuries or sudden movements that I recall. In any event, no matter what we find, I can't really take any action until Mitch finds a job, especially if it involves surgery, as I can't make the time commitment if we have to move.
Update on the hydralic situation... nothing yet. The RV tech wasn't able to come last week; he finally got back to us after 4 days to admit that he had the flu and couldn't come out at least for another week. But he referred us to his colleague, who will (allegedly) be coming out tomorrow afternoon (hopefully I'll be back from the dr. by then).
Meanwhile, on the job front, last week Mitch got quite a few calls from recruiters (at least 3 different recruiters were calling him about the same position!). Clearly he meets the criteria for the job; now they just need to get him an interview with the company and give him an offer already!!
Please G-d this will be a week filled with good news. We need it already.
You guys are definitely due for some good news. In our thoughts and prayers that the next time I open your blog, "Bingo" there will be nothing but good news on all fronts. I admire your, not sure what to call it, but being able to stand up to the challenges. All our best sent your way!
ReplyDelete