Zephyrhills, FL
Nothing yet on the job front for Mitch. Starting to get very frustrated and a little scared as we're watching our savings quickly dwindle. If something doesn't break by the end of the month, he will need to find a retail job just for the cash while he continues to job hunt.On a more positive note, here is a photo of the tops of the sweet onion/scallions that I mentioned in my last post (from our neighbor's garden). The tops are about 3 feet high and completely edible (and delicious!)

And speaking of things that grow, on Saturday we were sitting outside and I kept getting a whiff of a wonderful fragrance - kind of light citrusy and flowery. It turns out that on the other side of our rig is a gardenia bush (it only started flowering last week):

And lastly, on Monday (May 6th) I will be leaving for San Antonio, TX (there's a San Antonio, FL about 10 miles from where we are now!). I belong to IVAA -- International Virtual Assistants Association and finally have a chance to attend their Live Summit; a 3 day program of workshops with 1 day beforehand for touring and fun. I'm greatly looking forward to meeting folks I've been in contact with virtually, learning a lot, getting inspired and visiting the area which has been on my bucket list.
I was very concerned about how I would get around, especially since my hip arthritis has gotten very bad where I can't walk more than a few feet at a time without having to stop, and I can't go fast at all. On tour day, there will be a bus tour but also a lot of walking (especially at the Alamo). I was thinking of renting a mobility scooter, but they can't take it on the bus, so I was trying to figure out logistics as to whether there'd be a place on route to leave it. As luck would have it, I found a place that rents a "transformer scooter." With the touch of a button on a key fob, it folds up to a suitcase size and can be wheeled, and fits in a car trunk (and therefore will fit in the storage compartment of the bus). I'm really excited about that, as it truly solves all my walking problems there.
Hopefully I'll post while I'm in TX. If not, watch for the details when I return.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.