Zephyrhills, FL
Mitch still looking for a job. Still getting lots of return calls but the process is long. Sigh.We (ok, Mitch) discovered a leak in the basement and determined it was coming from the pipe between the shower and the gray tank. So today he spent trouble shooting the exact location (found it), removed the faulty pipe, went to Lowes to buy a replacement and is still currently installing it. Kudos to Mitch. He's turning out to be quite the RV handyman!
A few times previously I mentioned how our next door neighbors were growing a garden (more like a farm) with tons of awesome veggies. (They also raise chickens and often give us fresh eggs.) They give us what they have when it's available. Today, they brought over some gold potatoes, onions, and green beans (although they ask nothing in exchange, I baked them fresh challah and today, since it's still Passover, gave them some homemade "schmurah" matzah). I have to confess about the onions... they were "normal" sized onions on the bottom, and ginormous scallion-like tops. I learned that that's how onions generally grow and for whatever reason, they don't commercially sell them like that. The scallions you buy have teeny, tiny ends which really don't resemble onions at all, and the onions you buy don't have scallion stems. What an outrage! Kind of like when we were given broccoli greens which you can only get if you grow them yourself. I'd love to live here very long term just for the fact of our neighbors!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.