Virginia Beach, VA
We were very fortunate in that no tornado touched down near us and that after the storm passed, we did not sustain any damage (at least not as far as we can tell). It was a terribly scary experience, however. From about 10pm until 2am, the winds were howling and there were a number of gusts that reached 70mph. I was fervently praying that the trailer would not tip over and that no tree would come thru the roof.The area itself was hit pretty hard. We lost power around midnight (now 9am the next morning and it's not back on yet). Apparently there are 500,000 people without power, as there are loads of downed trees and power lines (at least it will be about 70 degrees today so I don't have to worry about no air conditioning!) Lots of roads are blocked and traffic light are out. Mitch has to be out and about working in those conditions!
UPDATE: I was finally able to get a video of the F/A-19 Super Hornet fighter jet going overhead:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.