Clarksville, IN / Louisville, KY
We did indeed get the truck back on Friday afternoon, so we were able to tow ourselves to the next campground, 5 miles north of where we were. We woke up at 8:00 am, and were packed and hitched by 9:15 am. I did the driving. For something that should have been so easy (just heading up the road), we didn't get settled in until about 11:30 (we pulled into the campground at 9:30 am). First, it took a bit of time to get out of the campground because the site and internal roads were so narrow. Mitch had to walk in front of me and guide me which way to turn the wheel so I wouldn't crash into any of the parked cars which were in front of their respective RVs.The drive was uneventful - as I said, pretty much just up the road. However, pulling into our pull through site (which should just be 1-2-3, like pulling a car into a parking spot) took quite a while because of several obstacles: a tree and 2 wooden posts in the way. It took a lot of maneuvering to get situated just right.
I can't really give much of an impression of the campground yet; hopefully I'll have a chance to go out and explore over the next day or 2 (and take some photos). It's certainly an improvement over the last place -- there are lots of trees and grass and a lake (pond?) on either side of us. Sites are very close, but due to a tree in the middle of the site next to us, no one can park there so it seems like we have a ton of room on our side (if someone was there, we'd probably be within inches of each other). But as I said, I'll get out to explore before passing judgement.
After getting settled, I had some laundry to do and Mitch took a nap. At about 12:30, we had a few errands to run, so we went to Staples (to ship some equipment he had to return to his company), then CVS (a rx for me was ready), then we stopped at Denny's for a quick bite, then Walmart for some groceries. We got home around 4:15 pm. Then unpacking, continuing with the laundry and assorted other household stuff.
This area of Clarksville, IN reminds me a bit of Raleigh/Cary with nothing but malls and shopping centers all over the place. So many places to shop and eat!
I look forward to spending our remaining Sundays here going to more fun places.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.