Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Rug pulled up from under us - Day 1127 (Year 4, Day 32)

Washington, NC

This is the last post I'll be making from this location.  Yesterday, at about 4:00 pm, Mitch got a call from his national boss, telling him that the utility company in Louisville, KY needs people there immediately, and Mitch is one of the few people who has certification in a specific skill they need.  It's about 700 miles, he needs to start on Monday, and since we don't travel on Shabbat, we need to push ourselves to get there by early Friday.  This is doable if we travel 150-200 miles each day.

I was in a total state of panic yesterday (still kind of anxious right now) because I haven't had any time whatsoever to prepare for this, and of course it falls in the middle of a huge rush project I've been working on.  Not only is it the packing and hitching, but I need to find a campground to stay at (not having huge success yet as there aren't that many and the ones that are there have terrible reviews).  Louisville is literally on the border of Indiana, so we may need to look into campgrounds there.  Also need to plan out a route, and being that we still don't have a GPS and I hate to rely on Google Maps (it's not very truck friendly), that's just another reason for anxiety.

Anyway, will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.