Lexington, NC
Not a whole lot has happened this past week. On Saturday, I got to bake challah once again (although I can't eat it, but I do take a bite). It was gorgeous weather, so after our prayers and naps, we spent most of the day on the swing bench by the lake; such a serene spot, despite all the "weekend warriors."On Sunday, however, a slow moving storm system came through, which lasted for 3 days, finally ending today. It has also been in the 50s, and today it's up in the 80s. North Carolina got hit pretty badly with flooding, but we were fortunate not to be in the flood zone, despite being on a lake. Unfortunately, Mitch is not able to work in the rain as his gas sniffing equipment can't sniff a leak on wet ground. He went out to work today, but had to come back because, although the rain stopped, the ground is still too saturated. At least he does get paid for 3 days per week minimum for bad weather and hopefully he'll be back to work tomorrow.
It has also been quite horrible for pollen and tree droppings ("yellow season" they call it here). Everything was covered in schmutz, which the rain not only didn't wash away, but made big pollen puddles and stuck even worse to everything. I was going to have Mitch power wash the rig on Sunday, but the forecast is for more rain, so I'm having him do it today. I was actually hoping to go down to the lake to fish, but I doubt he'll want to go with me after working so hard. He doesn't enjoy fishing, but I need him to help me get a fish off the line and rethread it (assuming I catch anything, which there's a pretty good chance of in this lake). Meanwhile, the day started out very slowly (no work at all), but as soon as I went outside to sweep, take a little walk and sit out there with a book on my newly replaced tablet, my client called with some work to do. I'm hoping after I finish that, it'll be quiet for the rest of the day so I can take the time off.
UPDATE: Mitch did spend most of the day up on the roof and outside washing the rig. The electric went off three times; the first 2 he checked on it and it came back on a few minutes later. He thought perhaps with all the water he was using, he might have shorted out the circuit breaker. The third time it went out, it didn't go back on so we had to call the office for assistance. Turns out the problem was caused by thousands of ants in the breaker box!!! Box was replaced and we put down tons of ant poison to keep them from coming inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.