Sunday, April 16, 2017

Another nice weekend - Days 1026 (Year 3, Days 294)

Lexington, NC

We had absolutely amazing weather this weekend - in the low 80s and no humidity and not a cloud in the sky.  On Shabbat we spent much of the day outside: 3 walks and sitting outside for prayers and reading.

Sunday, we had a surprise visit from my cousin Sharon, who lives in FL and was up this way for business.  It was a short but enjoyable visit, especially since it's been well over a year since we saw her (when we were in Ft. Myers).

My only real disappointment this weekend was when our neighbor, Darrell, expressed an interest to be my fishing teacher and had other plans when I was ready to go.  It has been pretty much proven that there are a LOT of fish (crappies) to be caught at the fishing dock.  I told him that if I caught one, I had no clue what to do next, including how to rehook my line for the next one.  He said he'd go with me, but when it came time, he had other plans.  I was incredibly disappointed.  Oh well, such is life.  Although I was hoping to be cooking freshly caught fish for dinner, I went with my Plan B of zucchini casserole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.