Bastrop, TX
Nothing at all to report. Other than the usual work and errands, and the last exploration to the historic downtown area, we haven't done anything else of substance.Just wanted to note that remember I said about the campground how I faced an open field with overgrown weeds? Today, I see a cow and her calf grazing (and now the baby is just sitting there). Unfortunately, my camera can't zoom far enough from where I am, and I'd need to trespass on someone's RV property to get closer.
I'm also told there's a lot of wildlife, especially deer, that roam in that field. I'll just need to meet someone on the other side of the row that doesn't mind my standing at the back of their trailer taking photos!
I also learned that the reason the fishing dock area is in shambles is due to an enormous, horrendous flood last year in which the river rose over 30 feet. Besides destroying the area around its banks, it also destroyed a number of RVs in the park which couldn't evacuate. I find it hard to imagine that the water could have come up this far, but apparently it did and it was devastating. Lesson: get all the facts before passing judgement on anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.