Bismarck, ND
I forgot to mention an interesting tidbit that I learned over dinner last night. Mike is a retired Battalion Chief from the Sarasota Fire Dept. Roger then volunteered that his son-in-law is a Fire Chief in Oregon. As it happens, one of my clients is a distributor for a new type of firefighting equipment, and one of the many projects I have been doing is creating a database of decision makers in all the fire departments around the country. I thought it was a small world that not one, but two people at my table were potential leads!Then, tonight, we got a knock on the door from a lovely man (Jeff) who wanted to know if we were in Asheville in December! Turns out he and his wife were also there in the same campground as we were (unfortunately, although his face seemed familiar, I don't think we actually met there). He was able to identify us by our very unique truck and matching rig! He's en route to Alaska, with many stops along the way, so was only passing through Bismarck. Still, it was really awesome to meet him! As I said, small world!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.