Sunday, June 5, 2016

Fun, and not so fun, day (Day 698 (Yr 2, Day 353)

Bismarck, ND

First, before this post - I looked back at what I had posted this time last year.  TODAY marks the 2 year anniversary of when we pulled out of our driveway in Fanwood, NJ and began our new lifestyle.

We started out the morning (as per the last post) with Mitch doing some errands around the rig and me writing my blog post from last weekend.  We finally finished puttering around 1:00 and decided to hit the State Museum/ND Heritage Center.  It's a really huge place, covering everything from dinosaurs to current history of energy and agriculture.  In fact, we only visited 2 galleries out of 5.  It was a lot of fun and extremely educational.  There is a lot of Native American history and it saddens me about how they were so misplaced from their own land.  Interestingly, I found no mention of Lewis & Clark.  I guess they were just explorers passing through and didn't really make much of an impact on the local history or culture.  Unfortunately, after about 2 1/2 hours, we were pretty tired and decided to call it a day.  We will go back at a later date to see the rest of the place.

We thought when we returned we would go for a swim.  Instead, we were reminded just how dirty the rig had gotten from our travels here (picked up a lot of squashed bugs).  The weather was nice, so we changed into shorts, took out the power washer and scrubbed it down.  I then grilled some tempeh and corn on the grill, and we called it a night at 7:30.

1 comment:

  1. You have a power washer? Hey, next time you're in town, care to bring that along with you? ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.