Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Ordeal over - Day 666 (Yr 2, Day 301)

Asheville, NC

I hope this will not be a devil of a day!

As you know, we've been taking the time to have our annual physicals and all the related tests that go along with it.  I already had the mammogram (had to go back a 2nd time as they found something suspicious -- turned out to be nothing to worry about).

Yesterday I had that dreaded colonoscopy (Mitch had his about a month ago).  Although the procedure is only about 15-30 mins, the preparation is a real killer.  First you need to be on a clear liquid diet only, starting the day before.  Let me tell you, drinking tea and clear broth, or an occasional jello or popsicle, doesn't take away the hunger.  Then, starting about 18 hours in advance, you have to drink a gallon of this very putrid stuff which makes you feel nauseous and bloated (it's supposed to clear your colon).  When it starts to work, you need to go to the bathroom non-stop, watching your poop turn to water.  Also keeps you up all night and, like when you're sick with a stomach bug, totally wears you out.

Anyway, the ordeal is over now.  I have to do it again in 3 years.

No other news to report.

1 comment:

  1. One of my earlier memories is being 7 or 8 and needing a colonoscopy. Actually, I think I needed one two years in a row.

    Anyway, I remember you guys trying to make me drink that disgusting drink and telling me I was overreacting when I said I'd rather have an enema than drink any more of that.

    Twenty some odd years later, I feel validated. That stuff is DISGUSTING.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.