Sunday, March 13, 2016

Awesome birthday present - Day 635 (Yr 2, Day 270)

Asheville, NC

My official birthday was Friday and I'm grateful my work load was very light.  Being Friday night was Shabbat, the original plan was a quiet evening shared with a good friend (Ethylin).  She called on Wed. to tell me something had come up that she couldn't get out of, so we had to postpone, so nothing at all planned.

I also have to mention that for the past few weeks, both Mitch and Jessica have been hinting about what great presents they bought me.  Jess just mentioned that she's impressed by what she chose and it's something I would really love.  Mitch also said he knew me well and finally found something I would really love.  Since I do all the accounting, I couldn't find any trail of money spent.  I also get all the Amazon notices and didn't see anything ordered.  I asked Jessica if dad happened to mention what he got, and she suggested maybe he bought something local and paid cash.  Mitch also said that I didn't have to worry about picking it up at the office; he arranged for a courier to deliver it to the door.  I was scheduled for a video conference call, so I put a note on the door saying that if I couldn't answer, please leave the package outside.

Well, the package was "delivered" at 1:15 pm.  It was Jessica and Ellie!!!!  She took the day off work and drove the 4 hours to surprise me.  I started to cry and then couldn't stop swearing!!!  I have the best daughter ever!  And I'm really impressed by how well Mitch kept the secret. Turned out that Ethylin was in on it as well. 

Unfortunately, Jess was only able to stay overnight, but we had some nice quality time together.  We've had some great weather all week, Friday included.  She also bought me a gorgeous arrangement of flowers (photo below - can't wait to use the giant margarita glass!), as well as a Carvel ice cream cake.





1 comment:

  1. <3 My awesome gift was the flower bouquet, not my presence. I'm not that cocky! Also, my nose isn't broken despite the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.