Asheville, NC
Yes, it has snowed - like 12" worth! This is the picture out of my front window. And the storm isn't over yet. It really is a beautiful scene, though!I did get to see a few interesting things: instead of the usual parade of joggers, I saw some folks cross country skiing! Someone also let her dog out which proceeded to run around and roll in the snow, having a jolly ole time! I'm also extremely happy not to have a driveway to shovel, and the snow will probably (hopefully) melt by the time we need to go out anywhere (this is the South, right? Right??? I wonder).
Fortunately, Mitch was off work today. There was also some awesome karma - a pay it forward moment: last month during the flood, we helped someone move his rig from one side of the campground to the other. Today I looked up to see someone shoveling a path from our truck to the door. I didn't recognize him at first, and he explained that because we helped him, he felt he wanted to do something to repay our kindness. Amazing people out here.
This rig is rated for full time living and has a high insulation rating for temps between -10 and 120. This will be a good test. So far, so good between the fireplace, space heater and furnace, we're nice and toasty. Of course, when the electric keeps going out (which is constant today), the fireplace and heater aren't much good. I'm also trying to prepare for Shabbat and can't use the microwave/convection oven (Mitch - get on your hands and knees and light the stove which we've only used for storage!)
Meanwhile, the electricians are still trying to figure out and fix the problem here that's causing our (and others') power to go out intermittently. In their work, they pointed out that we had a bad plug (they fixed it for us). Not that it helped any; electric still going off.
We also had a little scare the other day. It appeared that we lost our batteries - completely dead and weren't taking a charge. After 1.5 hours, we discovered the breaker (fuse) for the converter was off. So much we still need to learn.
So... looking forward to a quiet, peaceful weekend of being indoors.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.