Friday, September 25, 2015

Week in review - Day 456 (Yr 2, Day 89)

Asheville, NC

I can't really say anything exciting happened this week.  I closed my office on Tuesday at 3:00 to prepare for the holiday of Yom Kippur, and we stayed in shul all day on Wednesday (from 9:30 until 8:30 pm).  For the 3 hour break in between services, we stayed in the truck and napped or read our magazines.  Of course, having all this time off, I was "up to my eyes in alligators" for the past 2 days, with every client needing stuff.  Even the one I terminated asked me to stay on a bit longer as the VA he hired (for me to train) isn't a good match for him.  I told him I'd finish this round of monthly reports, but after that I'm done OR he'll have to pay me double plus communicate better.

The campground has had a great deal of turnover this week -- a lot of small weekender type campers have come and gone; most staying just overnight or 1 day, so I didn't really get to meet a lot of folks.  Some of the "regulars" such as Kurt & Kristen, and the guys in the van, and of course, Critter, have left.

Weather has been awesome until today, where it is just a non-stop rainy, dreary day.  But Shabbat approaches, so I'm busy preparing.

OH - the most important item of the week - OUR URB-E's are here (ordered July 2014)!!! (www.urb-e.com).  Currently they are sitting at the office until Mitch can pick them up.  Since it's raining so hard, I doubt he'll have a chance to unpack it (which I insist be done outside) today.  Will have to wait until Sunday.  I promise next post to have photos of our new electric scooter experience.  Hopefully it won't take too much time to get the coordination down-pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.