Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dinner w/Neighbors; Another farmers market- Day 433 (Yr 2, Day 66)

Asheville, NC

It was a rough work day and, boy, did I need a happy hour at the end of the day!  I noticed our neighbors in the Airstream (Kurt and Kristin) were outside grilling, so we decided to hang out a little.  I brought out the wine and they had their own drinks.  They grilled chicken sausages with a yam and a side salad; I made BLT sandwiches (fakin' bacon), corn and a salad as well.  Turns out Kurt is the owner, Tony's, son.  They are both in their early 30s.  She's an occupational therapist and will be taking on a job in Washington, DC for about 9 months starting mid-Sept.  Still not sure what he does.  They are both from this area and had a few good tips.  They also have a huge dog - 12 yr. old Paisley.  Not sure what breed, but very large!  Enjoyable evening.

Mitch is still very sore, but he's not incapacitated and went back to work today.  Hopefully he'll be able to handle a full day using the knee brace.

UPDATE:  Went to another local tailgate farmers market today.  Amazing how this town is still so bohemian, so into nature, and green, and natural and local, etc, etc.  I love it!!!  I could see myself settling down here if the roads were less like European ones (windy and narrow and not big truck friendly).  These places bring out the impulsiveness in me -- just so many great products I can't resist, like today's purchases of goat milk garlic chevre (the farm has a herd of 65 goats, so they draw their own milk and make their own cheese); homemade salsa, non-alcoholic ginger beer (drinking right  now mixed with vodka), freshly baked gourmet bread (bought a loaf of seeded wheat - can't begin to describe how delicious it is: they do give free samples), and farm fresh peppers (for a 2 lb purchase, they roasted them all for us.  We will have them for dinner along with some quinoa and tempeh which we bought at the Organicfest).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.