Zephyrhills, FL
This is most likely the last time (after 16 months) that I will be posting from this location. Next will be LOL (Land O'Lakes, FL), as G-d willing, with no obstacles, we will be moving out one week from tomorrow (Monday, June 1st). When we first arrived here, after Mitch lost his job at the end of Dec. 2018 (we arrived at this location Jan. 4, 2019), we thought it would only be for a few months. But we have faith that G-d has plans for us, and things turned out well when he landed a full time job (and I lost a lot of work from my clients) just as the pandemic hit. If you've been following my blog, you know the reason we are moving.I'm feeling a bit melancholy not only because I'll miss the aesthetics of this campground, but because of the friends I've made here, especially Ellie. She also has a BFF here (Carol) who's been here for about the same amount of time (5+ years) and as it turns out, Carol is leaving on the same day we are (due to the virus, she lost her job and can't afford the rent here so needs to live with her children hundreds of miles away). Ellie also lost her husband a little over a year ago, so needless to say, this is a very devastating situation for her.
So we planned a special get together with us, Ellie and Carol yesterday. Had to be outdoors so we could sit separated. It was a very enjoyable evening, especially when Ellie brought out her guitar.
Thankfully, we'll only be about 25 miles away, and Ellie frequents a health food store that we also go to, which is about 8 miles from our new location. So hopefully we'll still be able to see each other.
Anyway, will keep you posted from the other side of this adventure! Confession: I really miss traveling!!! But it is what it is. G-d willing, someday we'll be able to retire, trade in our beast for something more travel-able, and really spend time in the rest of the country. But, alas, plans are made in bubbles. Just need to take one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.